Sunday 5 March 2017

Day five and beyond: homeward bound

The day I had been waiting for. The last day of Lemtrada and the day I got to go home.

Didn't sleep that great during the night. Not because I felt ill or anything, it must just be the steroids. Can't seem to drop off!! And then you've gotta love the 5.45am obs checks...

The last day was all about counting down the four hours of Lemtrada... tick tock! Uh oh bad headache again, sorted with a couple of paracetamol. And then my knight in shining armour turns up. Mr W has arrived to take me home! I get packed off with a months worth of tablets and sent on my way at about 2.30pm. I "walk" out like a frail 90 year old, but I don't care. It's not forever :)

My first night at home was a bit rough. Hot and cold sweats. No temperature. I blame steroids again! It was mid afternoon the next day I felt like I had turned a corner. Just feel very tired. Even today, two days after leaving the hospital, I feel weak and tired. I don't mind. It's the long game. And Rome wasn't built in a day right? ;)

Now Mr W, bring me my meds...

No comments:

Post a Comment