Friday 10 March 2017

One week on: oh the itchiness!!

Well one week ago I got discharged after completing round one of Lemtrada. I'm not sure where the week has gone, but by'eck has it gone quick!!

I won't lie, the first few nights at home were tough. You go to bed feeling shattered. 1am and still not asleep. 1.30am and the shivers start. I've never known will power like the will power I demonstrated on Sunday night when I was shivering, desperate for a wee and wanting to get my dressing gown off the door. But I did it, after nearly an hour of psyching myself up. Finally drift off around 4am, then wake up in a pool of sweat around 5.30am. Lovely. But I can say this is short lived. The last couple of nights have been relatively normal. No hot/cold sweats 👍

The days have been fine, just feeling tired. I didn't leave the house until Wednesday as I just felt so weak. The appetite is coming back too.

How am I feeling now?
Itchy!!! Really itchy!! The rash made a return on Wednesday. It didn't bother me in hospital, or when it came back on Wed. But it is bothering me now. A lot. I've got piriton and eurax cream. Soon I'm going to get a cheese grater. Argh it is annoying.

The numbness in my feet, legs, torso, face and hands increased. But apparently this can happen so I'm not worried.

Ringing in my ears. This started not long after being discharged.

Fatigue. I was really pleased when I went in to the outside world on Wednesday. But the 20ft walk to the car took it's toll on my legs.

Pains in arms, legs and back. I used to get these at night. Now I get them in the day.

It's going to take time. I know this. Some people seem to see immediate results. Some don't feel any better until after round two. Some don't feel better at all, but mri results show no new activity, which is what Lemtrada is designed to do. Slow down progression and reduce the chance of a relapse.

Now where is that cheese grater...

No comments:

Post a Comment